Assignment 2A- Bug List
1. All of the stop lights on Archer Rd by Shands
WHY it exists: Since there is a hospital, there must be a lot of stop lights in case of emergencies and ambulances needing to turn in and out of certain areas of the hospital.
2. Drivers that drive slow in the left lane on the highway
WHY it exists: They think they are driving a speed that qualifies them to be able to drive in the left lane or they did not learn that slower traffic keeps right. There need to be more “slower traffic keep right” signs and the signs should be on both sides of the highway.
3. People not using turn signals
WHY it exists: They don’t care to let other people know why they are suddenly slowing down. They weren't taught that you should use your turn signal when turning.
4. People not knowing what they want when they call (I work at a restaurant)
7. People that chew with their mouth open
WHY it exists: They were never taught manners. No one has ever said anything to them about them chewing with their mouth open and how rude/gross it is.
8. Having 4 bars and LTE but still not having any website or app load
WHY it exists: There could be a lot of people in the area that are also using the connection, therefore, bogging it down.
9. Social 28 having 4 guest parking spots
WHY it exists: There was limited space for parking to begin with and parking for renters is more important.
10. Rubberneckers that cause miles of traffic for something like a broken-down car on the side of the road
WHY it exists: People in the right lane move over to the middle lane to make room for the broken-down car which causes those in the middle lane to break or switch lanes.
11. Roommates that are loud while I’m trying to sleep (I mean talking or cooking until 5am)
WHY it exists: They don’t realize how loud they are being. They don’t realize that I’m trying to sleep.
12. People that obliviously walk in crowded public spaces
WHY it exists: They don’t realize that they are in the way of others. They are distracted by something else, like a phone.
13. People that pull out in front of me while driving and go slow
WHY it exists: They thought they had more space to pull out. That was the only opportunity they had to pull out due to traffic.
14. Cars that go the same exact speed in lanes on the road
WHY it exists: People are just driving and don’t realize that they are driving the same speed as the driver next to them and don’t realize that the people behind them want to go faster.
15. Having to pay $100 for an access code to the same website to do homework every semester for multiple classes
WHY it exists: The school and the website company are trying to make money. With each class comes a different textbook and assignments, therefore, you need access to different stuff.
16. My sister mocking me
WHY it exists: She knows that it bothers me and will make me mad.
17. Ordering sweet tea and receiving unsweet tea
19. Customers that drop their money on the counter, essentially throwing their cash, change or cards on the table and then I have to struggle to pick up 73 cents in pennies up off the counter
WHY it exists: They think it is easier for me to put the money in the cash register when it is already on the counter.
20. Customers that pull money or cards out of their bra
WHY it exists: If their money is in their bra, they don’t have to worry about carrying around a wallet or losing a wallet.
I thought that this list was going to be easy to come up with since there are so many things that I encounter on an everyday basis that bother me, but it was actually quite challenging. The hard part was coming up with the “why” part. There are a lot of bugs I came up with that bothered me just “because” and I couldn’t come up with a logical reason as to why. I enjoyed this assignment because it made me realize that there are some “bugs” out there that can be resolved by some sort of invention.
WHY it exists: Since there is a hospital, there must be a lot of stop lights in case of emergencies and ambulances needing to turn in and out of certain areas of the hospital.
2. Drivers that drive slow in the left lane on the highway
WHY it exists: They think they are driving a speed that qualifies them to be able to drive in the left lane or they did not learn that slower traffic keeps right. There need to be more “slower traffic keep right” signs and the signs should be on both sides of the highway.
3. People not using turn signals
WHY it exists: They don’t care to let other people know why they are suddenly slowing down. They weren't taught that you should use your turn signal when turning.
4. People not knowing what they want when they call (I work at a restaurant)
WHY it exists: They did not take the time to look at the menu online or discuss with the other people who will be eating the food what they would like to eat.
5. Roommates that don’t clean up after themselves
WHY it exists: They think that my other roommate or I will clean up after them. They could be running late for something, like the bus, and cleaning off the table from their breakfast would cause them to miss the bus.
6. Going to pull into a parking space at my apartment and there is a scooter parked
WHY it exists: The apartment company doesn’t want to have designated scooter parking spaces. They don’t want to pay to repaint lines in the parking lot.
5. Roommates that don’t clean up after themselves
WHY it exists: They think that my other roommate or I will clean up after them. They could be running late for something, like the bus, and cleaning off the table from their breakfast would cause them to miss the bus.
6. Going to pull into a parking space at my apartment and there is a scooter parked
WHY it exists: The apartment company doesn’t want to have designated scooter parking spaces. They don’t want to pay to repaint lines in the parking lot.
7. People that chew with their mouth open
WHY it exists: They were never taught manners. No one has ever said anything to them about them chewing with their mouth open and how rude/gross it is.
8. Having 4 bars and LTE but still not having any website or app load
WHY it exists: There could be a lot of people in the area that are also using the connection, therefore, bogging it down.
9. Social 28 having 4 guest parking spots
WHY it exists: There was limited space for parking to begin with and parking for renters is more important.
10. Rubberneckers that cause miles of traffic for something like a broken-down car on the side of the road
WHY it exists: People in the right lane move over to the middle lane to make room for the broken-down car which causes those in the middle lane to break or switch lanes.
11. Roommates that are loud while I’m trying to sleep (I mean talking or cooking until 5am)
WHY it exists: They don’t realize how loud they are being. They don’t realize that I’m trying to sleep.
12. People that obliviously walk in crowded public spaces
WHY it exists: They don’t realize that they are in the way of others. They are distracted by something else, like a phone.
13. People that pull out in front of me while driving and go slow
WHY it exists: They thought they had more space to pull out. That was the only opportunity they had to pull out due to traffic.
14. Cars that go the same exact speed in lanes on the road
WHY it exists: People are just driving and don’t realize that they are driving the same speed as the driver next to them and don’t realize that the people behind them want to go faster.
15. Having to pay $100 for an access code to the same website to do homework every semester for multiple classes
WHY it exists: The school and the website company are trying to make money. With each class comes a different textbook and assignments, therefore, you need access to different stuff.
16. My sister mocking me
WHY it exists: She knows that it bothers me and will make me mad.
17. Ordering sweet tea and receiving unsweet tea
WHY it exists: The label on the tea containers were mixed up.
18. Having to wait at the nail salon
WHY it exists: Customers all come in at the same time and all want the same services.
18. Having to wait at the nail salon
WHY it exists: Customers all come in at the same time and all want the same services.
19. Customers that drop their money on the counter, essentially throwing their cash, change or cards on the table and then I have to struggle to pick up 73 cents in pennies up off the counter
WHY it exists: They think it is easier for me to put the money in the cash register when it is already on the counter.
20. Customers that pull money or cards out of their bra
WHY it exists: If their money is in their bra, they don’t have to worry about carrying around a wallet or losing a wallet.
I thought that this list was going to be easy to come up with since there are so many things that I encounter on an everyday basis that bother me, but it was actually quite challenging. The hard part was coming up with the “why” part. There are a lot of bugs I came up with that bothered me just “because” and I couldn’t come up with a logical reason as to why. I enjoyed this assignment because it made me realize that there are some “bugs” out there that can be resolved by some sort of invention.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMadison,
ReplyDeleteI love the car ones you put because driving to me definitely irritates me too. Having people with no common sense in a piece of equipment that can do so much is frustrating. Slowing people down, not following the rules of the road, and then making us think we found a good spot when it was in fact a scooter or a smart car. I also worked in a restaurant, never seen anyone pull money out of a bra but have had to gather literal change from the table and if there are edges it makes it even more difficult. I agree that it was a struggle to find "bugs" that stuck with me but glad to see other people feel the same way about driving.
Hi Madison, I agree with your #2 bug about drivers that drive slow in the left lane. I completely forgot about this but it is definitely something that I hate. It confuses me how people are unaware that the left lane is for the faster people and if you want to stay the speed limit then go to the right.
ReplyDeleteHey Madison! Bug number 16 sticks out to me a lot because I too have a sister that mocks me. I will be speaking seriously about a serious subject, and my sister interrupts by repeating what I said in order to make fun of me. I am very interested to see if you have an opportunity you can think of to combat this bug.
ReplyDelete