Assignment 8A- Solving The Problem

  • My product has to do with how often nail polish chips. 
  • Nail polish chips very easily and it often chips for the smallest reason. Women are getting their nails done as often as every 2 weeks and spending around $40 on their finger nails and $30 on their toe nails each time. Going to the nail salon can be inconvenient due to the amount of time the services take to be completed and how long of a commute it is.
  • My solution is a nail polish top coat that only comes off with the use of a certain type of chemical. It will last 4 – 6 weeks if the chemical is not used to take it off. This top coat can be used on top of any nail polish, so that the consumer still has a wide variety of colors and types of nail polish to use. This polish could be bought and use by the consumer or by the nail salon. It would cost more than a regular top coat polish, but it would last longer and not require as many trips to the salon. For this solution to work, it would take a lot of time to test the product and find the right kind and balance of chemicals.

Comments

  1. Hello Madison! I think this a great idea. I don't usually paint my nails but my girlfriend does and I always hear her complain about how she chipped a nail or something like that. She ends up having to redo her nails often and I can"t stand the smell of it. I think we would both appreciate having her do her nails less often. Your product would save her money on nail polishes because she goes through them so quickly and also save trips to the salon. Great product and I will certainly be a customer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madison. This is a great idea. I usually spend $30 for my nails and I would try to do it every week, but I don’t want to spend too much money. I wish there was a way to fix it because gel nail polish is the only one that lasts but it also ruins your nails. Your idea is good because that way, there will be a safe way to remove nail polish and it can also last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Madison! That is a brilliant solution to the opportunity of nails becoming chipped. The coating could last much longer, and be hard to take off unless you use that specific chemical. It addresses your opportunity very well. Being able to put this product not only in merchandising stores, but also distributing it in nail salons is a great way to make some serious money.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment